Monday, October 4, 2010

Twilight gets some training!

So I haven't posted in weeks? maybe months? I'm not quite sure.
But good news is this blog will probably get alot of use in the near future, because-

*drum roll*
We finally have the three year olds in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually they've been in for like a month. Unfortunately I haven't gotten to work with Twi as much as I'd like simply because school and cheering and other pain-in-the-ass problems keep arising.
But thats all besides the point... where to begin, where to begin.

Well I guess I got her right before school and have worked with her from sacking her out in everyway I could think of,  then bitting up, first saddling, sitting on her, more ground work, and exposing her to everything.

Today though its been like a week since I've had time to work with her so we just pretty much reviewed. I tossed [my new used!!!] saddle on her back and threw a bridle on Teddy  and ponied her up to where our rode meets the highway and back. Over all kinds of frightful stuff like bridges and creeks, a highway and a burned patch of grass. Twilight was fine with all of it- Teddy just about died of a heartattack during any given moment. That horse of Mary's is such a pussy cat! I hope Twi keeps up her bravery when I climb into the saddle cuz I am not such a big fan of getting dumped. I can't wait to ride her though even though our area of riding has been drastically cut into by hunters running all over the place.
Oh well Autumn will blow over into Winter and Winter will give birth to Spring and I can spend my final days riding the plains of my home on the Great Oregon Desert.
Well thats it for today- tomorrow I'll have more to report on little Twi's progress...

0 comments: